Wednesday, April 3, 2013

30 Days of Pinterest Recipes: Recipe 1 Mozzarella Baked Tomatoes



A dear friend of mine posted a challenge on facebook the other day, and I duly accepted!  30 Days of Pinterest Recipes!    I added a twist to my challenge, asking friends and family to send me low carb pinterest recipes.



I chose a simple recipe for my first one. For the original Mozzarella Baked Tomatoes recipe, click here. Tomorrow, I'm tackling something a little more difficult.  I guess you could say I was happy to accept the challenge, because it's "training" for me before I attempt cooking my way through Julia Child's Art of French Cooking (and yes, this is something I want to do!)

The original recipe called for 2 medium tomatoes, but I only used one, mainly since I'm the only one who would be eating them.


Then I made a small mistake, but if anything it enhanced the flavor.



These were wonderful. Will definitely make these again, and my mind is already filled with ideas to add a little jazz to them (like bigger tomatoes...forget medium sized tomatoes...go large).


note: I made my mistake in using fresh basil instead of fresh oregano.  This was remedied by picking the basil off halfway through bake time (5 minutes in) and sprinkling the tomatoes with oregano.  The basil didn't hurt the flavor at all, if anything it enhanced it!

No comments:

Post a Comment