The second hive was lacking an inner cover, so we had cheated a bit, just to get them through until we picked one up.
So today, when we went out there armed with our inner cover to put on the hive, this is what it looked like....
After we finished with the second hive, we moved to the first hive. This hive had issues of its own, considering when I purchased and set up the Medium Super, the place I buy my beek supplies only had 5 frames in stock. They needed the space, so I made the decision to go ahead and put the medium super and five frames on the two deep hive bodies, and hope that my supplier got more frames in soon.
Well, they didn't get their frames in fast enough, but they finally did. So we ran right over and picked those up. This is what we faced when we opened the first hive....
|Inside medium super....|
Now I've got to figure out how I'm going to crush and filter the honey, finish up my fry pies for tomorrow, and still walk 2 miles tonight.
Happy Thursday everyone!