Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pretty Peach Pie

 
I actually made this pie 2 weeks ago.   Peach pie is a favorite around here.
 

I used a quart of home canned peaches.  They are the most delicious peaches :)

 
Add 3/4 cup sugar...
 
 
3 Tablespoon of Flour
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

 
Mix it all up
 
 
until it looks like this!

 
then we spoon it into our pie crust...


Doesn't that look yummy??
 
Now I'm the type that I like to fancy up a pie when I can.  So I make my slits in the top crust to "look nice".
 
 
This pie I decided to make EXTRA fancy....so I didn't crimp the edges..and it just
 so happens that a couple weeks ago my sweet, sweet husband bought me several new cookie cutters, and one happened to be a maple leaf!
 
So I trimmed up the edges of the pie....
 
 
 sealed the edges, without crimping....
 
I cut out leaf shapes in the excess crust I had trimmed off the edges...
 
and lined them around the pie...

 
isn't that gorgeous?!
 
And then I baked it!  I carefully covered the edges with foil, which wasn't easy with those leaves! Baked at 375 for 25 minutes, removed the foil and baked another 30 minutes.
 
The result?!
 

Look at this beautiful, crispy, golden peach pie!!!
 


 
It was perfectly beautiful!! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment