Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

I've been making this treat for several weeks now, since discovering it via  pinterest.

My taste buds cheered with that first bite.

These should come with a screeching warning label: do not attempt to eat one.  Especially if you're addicted to sweet and yummy.  And pumpkin. 

You can find the full recipe here at cakeology.com, and I will tell you my 3 secrets for how I make them.


1. I blend everything in my heavy duty kitchenaide mixer. My kitchenaide and I single handedly, one recipe at a time, take on the world....or at least, the foods in my kitchen...This mixer whips up some mean mashed taters!



 
 
2.  Every cookie baked in my kitchen is baked on a stone baking sheet...a well seasoned, well loved stone baking sheet.  I.  love.  my. stone bakeware.  Almost as much as I love my kitchenaide mixer.  Almost.   





 
 
 
 
3.  When I mix up the icing, I put everything in all at once...and I do not SIFT the confectioners sugar.  Why, you ask? I'd like to lie and say I don't own a sifter, but alas, that's simply not true.
 
Frankly, I'm a full time farming mom of 6, with the youngest barely beyond that first birthday and now into everything, and I really just don't have a spare hour to spend sifting 1 and 1/4 cups of confectioners sugar through my sifter.  Besides, my mixer is a beast of whipping everything together, and saves me A LOT of time! 
 
But if you want to take the time to sift that stuff, by all means, be my guest :)
 

 
 
Sifting or not sifting, really doesn't matter as the end result is still the same...a moist, perfectly delicious pumpkin cookie with a slathering of cream cheese icing.  Nom nom nom
 


No comments:

Post a Comment