Thursday, December 29, 2011

The best laid plans...

Today was one of those days when I woke up and said, "This is what I am going to get done today" and it doesn't happen.

I saw on another individuals blog Ten Things Thursday that I'm thankful for...so I'm going to try that right now, instead of complaining about how I've accomplished almost nothing that I set out to today.

1.  I am thankful for my husband. He is kind, caring, has a good work ethic, and even though he's limited in what he can do since his back surgery, he works hard to do as much as he can inspite of it.  That, and he found the perfect purple paint for the girls names today.  I love this man! 

2.  I am thankful for my kids.  Even though they make a million messes a day, are solely responsible for any and all gray hairs, and have selective hearing, I am thankful for each of them, and that they are mine born of my body.

3.  I am thankful for a Loving Savior, who makes everything worth our time here on this earth.

4.  I am thankful for family, both near and far.

5.  I am thankful for a warm home, for I know there are those who have lost theirs and are now without.

6.  I am thankful for coffee.  Especially on cold winter days.

7.  I am thankful for useful skills, and the ability to learn the useful skills. Like gardening, canning, and the use of power tools for building things.

8.  I am thankful for dryers, for without such I'd be hanging clothes out in the winter.

9.  I am thankful for kids that DO listen on occassion.

10.  And finally, I am thankful that I was born an American.  Even if the economy is teetering on the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment