Saturday, December 17, 2011

Homemade Beef Stew

I totally made this recipe up as I went, just wanted to try something new, using some of my favorite spices, just to see what I'd end up with..

I browned the stew meat in a tablespoon of butter....real butter. No margarine.  Margarine is a sin against your body. I'm just sayin'.



After browning the meat, I tossed it in my slow cooker with 1/4 cup of water. Then I seasoned with some parsley,  basil,  oregano,  salt,  pepper,  curry powder,  minced garlic,  tossed in some chopped onions,  baby carrots,  chopped celery,  and diced potatoes.....

While that was cooking down, I then browned some flour in the drippings from browning the meat in butter.  I think I used about a tablespoon of flour. I also used 1 cup of beef broth, made from a beef bouillon cube.  Added it all to the slow cooker....



cooked it in that slow cooker from 10 am until around 6 pm and the end result was .......



It was  delicious!!  I served the kids theirs without much of the juices, and it turned out more like a soup than a thick stew. Still, it was delicious and I think the meat and veggies would be great over a rice pilaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment