Friday, November 9, 2012

Whoops! Houston, We Have a Problem!!

Ah, so we ran into a small snag with the work shop project today...

We started to drill wholes for the new drawer pulls to be screwed in and...
 
 
We found that the paint was rubbing off!!! 
 

 

Turns out I should have sanded the old paint off before applying new....because apparantly I was painting over oil base paint with water base paint!  Oooops! :)



So it was a learning experience, and on the upside I got to play with electric sanders today...something I've never done before!!   So now we have drawers that look like this...

 
 
I still have two more drawers to sand and half of the main part of the desk to finish sanding.  I'll work on it tomorrow.  Let me just say, I will ever be thankful that the Good Lord gave some person out there the knowledge and know how to create those electric sanders!!  I shudder to think how bad of a set back this would have been if I had to sand it all by hand!! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh jeesh! But, to look on the bright side....you did a GREAT job sanding them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! My sweet husband felt bad and he helped with some of the sanding, too, until it became too dusty in the garage. He has cautioned me to wear a mask when I commence sanding today.

      Delete
  2. I love refinishing furniture. Taking it down to bare wood leaves SO many options. Great job.

    ReplyDelete