Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Just stuff..

The last few days have been a roller coaster.  There's a lot I want to blog, and one topic in particular, but I feel like I'm this jumble of just stuff that I need to spill it out before I can talk about the things I want to.

I've had a lot of sick in the pit of my stomach I might vomit feelings since last Thursday (not pregnant at all, it's stress) and I'm ready for that feeling to go away. For a very. very.  very long time.

 So the timeline of events that have thrown me into a funk began on Thursday and continued throughout the weekend, with a few good moments sprinkled in...you know, just to toy with us I'm sure.

I didn't think it would continue on beyond the weekend, but it did.  We landed in the ER with our oldest Monday with concerns that she may have appendicitis.

I nearly freaked out after I called both our family doctor and our pediatrician just to be told neither could get my DD in the following day for a follow up as the ER doctor requested.  Thankfully, we were able to get her an appt for today. 

Today, I woke up to find our youngest two boys are sick. :(  Have spent most of the morning deep cleaning the house to get rid of any contagious bugs or germs or any icks that might be lurking in hidden areas....and let's not forget the kids clogged their bathroom toilet and that had to be cleared up this morning.   My DD is a lot better! She's not as sick as she was, her appendix is fine, and we have a plan in place with her doctor that everyone's happy with.  Hopefully, soon, we'll have answers.

This has totally not been a normal week for us. At. All.  Too much death and sickness and just absolute crazy to deal with at any one time.

I think I understand a little bit of how my friend KC was feeling not too long ago.  She had so much to deal with in such a short matter of time, so much that I was at such a loss of what one could say to her.

I mean, what does one say?  How do you comfort the grief stricken?  You know, without sounding all cliche' and coming off as you don't really care?  A person can only hear "I'm sorry" so many times before the words become empty and meaningless.  Or routine.

Routine. What an ugly thought.  That loss and grief and dying and feeling helpless etc could just be routine.

Know how when you come upon the scene of an accident and you think to yourself, "I wonder what happened..." Well, I don't think I'll ever wonder that again. I don't want to know what happened.  I don't know that I ever want to even watch another Nascar race, because God only knows how many cars are going to flip and smash and make a wrong move or catch fire....or who knows what else.   I just don't think I could watch that and it still be the same.  Granted, we saw a motorcycle get smashed, but still, any smashing and crunching of metal...I'm just sayin'....

Last night the State Trooper that had been on the scene called us for a follow up interview.  I'm working really hard to forget, but apparently that's not a luxury for us.  We may be called in to court, so they don't really want us to forget.  We are supposed to be able to recall every nasty detail.  Worse than that, we learned that the driver of the car was not even supposed to be driving.  He didn't have a valid drivers license (and no, we don't know why) and the whole reason he hit that Harley is due to his choice to play with a radio application on his smart phone.

Nope, he wasn't texting! He was playing with an app!

Maybe it's not that smart to have a smartphone.

When did we become a society that the stupid electronic device in our hand is so very important that we can't pay attention to basic things .... like driving.   I mean, there are people out there who can't chew gum and walk at the same time, and those same people aren't just voting, but they are now operating smartphones and driving at the same time. And breeding.

And putting everyone last one of us in danger when they do.  Nice

You know, just because they can't chew gum and walk at the same time doesn't mean they're lacking in the mutli-tasking while driving department. (and in case you missed it, that's totally dripping with sarcasm.)

So common sense is gone.  People have stopped using it.  Common sense would tell you that texting, downloading apps, checking facebook, etc. with your smartphone are all things that could wait until you're at home or whatever your destination is.   Seriously.  It's not the end of your world if you can't read that text (or reply), get an app to work, check your email, or anything else you might be doing with your smartphone while driving.

It's not the end of your world,  but your poor choice (or dare I say lack of common sense) could be the end of someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment